[Sunhelp] panicstr: dvma parity error

Josh Easton easton at mia.net
Sun Sep 19 13:30:32 CDT 1999

Hi, I've been having problems with a SPARCstation 2 in that it randomly
panics after a few weeks. This last time it occurred during a compile. I'm
assuming from the panic message that it's just memory problems. I have two
questions:

- Am I right in assuming it's just memory problems?

- Is there a way to add wait states to reads and writes to memory or
something similar to slowing down memory access as is usually possible on
PC hardware (I have no knowledge about sun hardware and this is a
production machine so I can't take it down to play with it.)

system name:  SunOS
release:        5.6
node name:      xxxxxx.xxx.xxx
version:        Generic_105181-15
machine name:   sun4c
time of crash:  Sat Sep 18 19:05:50 1999
age of system:  16 day, 5 hr., 27 min.
panicstr:       dvma parity error
panic registers:
        pc: f000b764      sp: f02dfe10

It's a SPARCstation 2 w/ 32 MB ram. I have a fairly recent patch cluster
applied and this machine is used just as a web server. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.

                       Josh Easton  -  easton at mia.net
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! cp me into your .signature file to help me spread!