[Sunhelp] Linux on Tadpole.

DsaHQ at aol.com DsaHQ at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 04:13:53 CDT 1999

Hey, slap me around for this if you want, but how does one go about putting
Redhat on a Tadpole 3GS?  See I would've tried it a long time ago, because I
like Linux a lot more for personal use, but I don't have the guts to try it
because I don't have the Solaris 2.5.1 media plus the Tadpole patches.  I
sent a message to Tadpole asking if it was even possible, and they said no.
I've read auctions on eBay of Sparcbooks that offered Linux as a choice, so I
know that it can be done.  HOW??  Also, does anyone know where I can find
2.5.1 and the Tadpole patches?  Or maybe even make me a copy, since 2.7 is
free for non commercial applications, and this is for personal use only!  By
the way, HONESTLY, which is a more stable, and faster OS, Solaris or Linux?

Thanks for reading this long post and my ignorance..

Jeff