[Sunhelp] External SCSI drives.

Michael Horton handh at nxs.net
Mon Sep 13 18:24:50 CDT 1999

In all likelihood, the hard drives with the wrong magic numbers and corrupt
labels are unusable.  My guess is that the hard drive is dead but the
onboard controller card is alive.  That would be one explanation for
probe-scsi(-all) to bring back any informaiton.  In any event, I have never
been able to use a drive in this condition.

HTH,

MH

At 07:12 PM 9/13/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey, I have a problem.  I came into 4 external SCSI SE, NCR, Hewlett
Crappard