[Sunhelp] Help!

Bill Bradford mrbill at frenzy.com
Sat Sep 11 13:29:34 CDT 1999

On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 10:48:35AM -0400, James Roth wrote:
> 	Yes, I've seen this before.  I don't remember the exact details.  The
> mod_perl and mod_php install scripts clobber each other.  Try running
> apache's configure script by hand.  Use the --with-module (or whatever
> it is).
> 	Let me know if that doesn't work.  I'll do it again and give you the
> exact steps...
> James Roth

Okay - it may not be that.

Compiling Apache 1.3.9 with JUST php only: works fine

Compiling Apache 1.3.9 with mod_perl, doing it the
 "./configure --enable-module=<perlmodule>" way: breaks as shown

Compiling Apache 1.3.9 with mod_perl, letting mod_perl's
 script build httpd for me: works fine.

 Looks like I'll have to dig through mod_perl's Makefile.PL and
 see exactly what it does in what order, to get httpd to compile
 successfully...

--
Bill Bradford * mrbill at sunhelp.org * http://www.sunhelp.org
>From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
"Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."