[Sunhelp] Help!

James Roth james at lasolas.com
Sat Sep 11 09:48:35 CDT 1999

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Trying to compile Apache 1.3.9 with mod_perl (v1.21) and PHP (latest
> stable version) as static modules... I've done this on both the "old"
> SunHELP box (SS5/170, sol7, gcc/egcs) and the "new" sunhelp box (U1/140,
> Sol7 in 64bit mode, gcc/egcs) and get the same result doing the final
> "make" of apache:
>
> (forgive the funky indent, its time to get rid of vim..)
>
> Any clues?  Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I can
> compile apache with php3 just fine, its just when I try to compile in
> mod_perl support that everything barfs.  I need mod_perl for the banner
> ad CGIs on the web site...

	Yes, I've seen this before.  I don't remember the exact details.  The
mod_perl and mod_php install scripts clobber each other.  Try running
apache's configure script by hand.  Use the --with-module (or whatever
it is).

	Let me know if that doesn't work.  I'll do it again and give you the
exact steps...

James Roth