[Sunhelp] Problems with Sun3 and Ethernet network

Tim Matthews tim at uhe1.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 13:10:46 CDT 1999

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Wolfgang Engelien wrote:

> Hi Tim,
> two questions.
> 1 - is your "home network" directly (that means
> 	without any routers in between) on the hub?

I just sent another reply with a bit more detail - due to running 10 Mbit
and 100 Mbit *and* IP Masq my network design is a bit wierd.

However, the network is simply my home one. I have two subnets:

10.0.0.0 (all 100 Mbit machines) and 10.0.1.0 (all 10 Mbit machines)

A dual homed Linux box plugged into a 10 Mbit hub and a 100 Mbit hub
routes between the two subnets.

On the 10 mbit hub is a VaxStation3100 M76 running netbsd
			2 x Indy 4600 running Irix 5.3
			HP 4/33s running OpenBSD
			Sparc 20 2xSM71 512 Mb RAM running Sol7
			Sun3/60
			Sparc 2 running SparcLinux

On the 100 Mbit hub is a couple of Windows 95/NT boxes

Sorry if this seems like bragging, but I like talking about my toys :)

> 2) your ethernet address seems to be a little
> 	short. Is this a copy/paste error?

hehe. This was me running from my computer room down to the garage to look
at old clunky.

Cheers,
Tim