[Sunhelp] Shutting down a port on a Sun box

Tubbs, Derric L Derric.Tubbs at West.Boeing.com
Wed Jun 30 10:54:04 CDT 1999

Edit /etc/services and comment out the line applying to that port by putting
a # at the front of the line.  If that port is the only one that the
servicing daemon manages then you can also comment out the appropriate line
in /etc/inetd.conf.  I would also suggest you get tcp_wrappers and install
it if you can.  It's available from the internet for free.  Do a search for
wrappers and tcp on your favorite search engine.  You'll want to do a
killall -1 inetd once you've edited those files in order for them to take
effect.

Hope this helps.
Derric Tubbs