[Sunhelp] ?: Sun HW and SW solution for backup

Robert.Cross at scottish-newcastle.co.uk Robert.Cross at scottish-newcastle.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 04:02:37 CDT 1999

--Boundary_(ID_3JCtVP0gT6s5HuZWpwu3rw)

WK Chang wrote:
>Could you give me some exact difference between Solstice Backup and NetBackup
by
>view of engineer? You mean that Netbackup is better solution than Solstice
>backup. Then, What's the technical advantage of solstice backup compared to
>NetBackup?
Try logging a call with Sun's storage group, they should know this.

>Or, let me know where I can get it, please.

Try Sun Plaza or a Sun reseller. Solstice Backup is part number BU*99-510-#999,
where * is U/W/E and # is 9/W/E depending on what version you want. The
evaluation
copy is BUUM-510-9999.
The best part number I have for NetBackup is ENBI9-311-E999 for the license and
VNB9S-311-9999 for the client media. Try the Veritas web site for a distributor
near
you as an alternative to buying it from Sun.

Bob Cross.

--Boundary_(ID_3JCtVP0gT6s5HuZWpwu3rw)--