[Sunhelp] Solstice PPP on solaris 7 / Ultra 10

Erik Parker netmask at 303.org
Thu Jun 24 17:21:25 CDT 1999

Im trying to setup Soltice PPP on Solaris, on an Ultra 10 machine..
Using an external USR modem on /dev/cua/b (tested, works)

I have the folling packages installed

bash-2.03# pkginfo |grep ppp
system      SUNWpppk       Solstice PPP Device Drivers
system      SUNWpppkx      64-bit Solstice PPP Device Drivers
system      SUNWpppm       Solstice PPP Man Pages
system      SUNWpppr       Solstice PPP Configuration Files
system      SUNWppps       Solstice PPP Login Service
system      SUNWpppu       Solstice PPP Daemon and User Programs

I ran pppinit, went through to setup my Async connection using pap
authentication, and then ran ppptool, and tried to connect,
it gives me error: "ln_open( ): Error 0"

Now as informative as that error is, I just don't understand it.
There are no errors in /var/adm/messages or /var/log/syslog

I have tried a few different configurations, and I have also
tried to use asppp, and pppd, but the asppp just had too much
crap in it, and pppd bitched about not being able to attach to devices.

Went through faqs on everything, followed each one step by step,
and it just doesnt fly.

ANy ideas?

Cheers,
Erik