[Sunhelp] NIC setup

Jean-Marc Beaudoin jmb at merlin.vipxlnet.com
Wed Jun 23 08:07:35 CDT 1999

Good day,

My first guest would be that Solaris did not detect the Network card.

I got the same problem once with a NE2000 compatible card and founded out
that Solaris (and most other Unix flavor) do not like stuff that is not
Brand Name.

To fix this you may want to look at the jumper settings on the NE2000 card
and set it a way that it would not conflict with any other piece of
hardware on the machine (3COM settings are good, for example).

Note: NE2000 are known to share the same IRQ than COM2 which creates a
conflict.

Or...get a netword card that solaris would see (see the Hardware
compatibility list at the sun web site).

Hope this helps,

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, sr wrote:

> > Hello everybody,
> >
> >  Anybody know how in the world to get the network card setup after Solari
> > is installed. I am on a x86 platform and have a NE2000 card. But at the
> > installation it did not ask me to configure it or anything. Maybe I missed
> > a step, I can re-install again but just wanna know if there is any
> > commmand inside of solaris to do it.
> >
> > Well thank you,
> >
> > Paul Zimdars
> > zimCity