[Sunhelp] Sparc Compiler

Han, SangBeom sbhan at os.korea.ac.kr
Sun Jun 20 20:16:27 CDT 1999

In my experience, It is a good deal.
My program run two times as fast as the previous that GNU compiler
compiled.
My program is very cpu intensive code. It decode MPEG file.

Wes Hofmann wrote:

> Currently I am using the GNU compiler on Solaris 2.6 sparc edition.
> I've read and been told that SUN's (SparcWorks?) Compiler makes much
> better code for the solaris platform than does the GNU Compiler.  If
> that is true, is the increased performance enough to warrant buying
> SUN's compiler when I already have a free one that does what I need?
> Thanks for any info. :)
>
> Wes Hofmann

OOOOOOOpen Mind!
OOOOOOO
OO   OO  sbhan at os.korea.ac.kr, handdol at nownuri.net
OO   OO  Operating System Lab. in Korea University
OO   OO  (lab) 02-3290-3573    (private) 017-282-8968
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOOpen World!
# Everything is illusion.
# From Kring, the Fantasy World.