[Sunhelp] Solaris, Linux, and NFS

Wes Hofmann whofmann at mho.net
Fri Jun 11 15:59:53 CDT 1999

My desktop runs Linux with the 2.2 kernel.  My sparcbook has no cdrom so
I have in the past used my other machine (FreeBSD 3.1) as an nfs server
so that the sparcbook could mount its cdrom.  That worked great.  Now
that I have changed that machine to Linux, I can't seem to get linux to
do the same.  My two linux boxes will talk to each other all day long
over NFS but the sparcbook (solaris 2.6) just doesn't seem to like it at
all.  Is there a secret to getting linux and solaris to work over NFS?
I had heard before taht there were some problems with compatibility
between the two, but I had thought that the 2.2 kernel fixed that.
Thanks for your help!

Wes Hofmann