[Sunhelp] NFS cdrom mounting

Eric Williams eric at urania.astro.wesleyan.edu
Thu Jun 10 15:58:05 CDT 1999

I hope this isn't an improper question in this group. Maybe it's too basic?
I have read several sources on this problem but haven't found a solution
that seems to work for me.

I need to NFS mount a cdrom to a client on Solaris 2.5.1. One issue I need
to cover is that the mount point on the client needs to have the same path
name as that on the server . So if the CD is at /cdrom/hst_data then I need
at that same path on the client.
I have added:

share cdrom* -o ro

to /etc/rmmount.conf, I added:

share -F nfs -o ro=<hostname> /cdrom/hst_data

to /etc/dfs/dfstab, and added:

<servername>:/cdrom/hst_data  -      /cdrom/hst_data    nfs    -    yes
ro,bg,hard

to the client /etc/vfstab. I made the mount point /cdrom/hst_data on the
client but a mount /cdrom/hst_data returns mount point cannot be determined.

Any tips on what I am missing?

Thank lots for any help!

Eric Williams                                           Van Vleck Observatory
eric at astro.wesleyan.edu                   Wesleyan University
(860) 685-3664                                       Middletown, CT 06459
http://www.astro.wesleyan.edu
What the Microsoft slogan really means to say is:
"Where do you want to go today?
It doesn't matter...your coming with us." - as seen on the web.