[Sunhelp] /bin/login file corrupted any suggestions ?

Eric Williams eric at urania.astro.wesleyan.edu
Thu Jul 29 15:37:04 CDT 1999

Why not just get it off a CDROM with the OS installation?

>Hi we had a little problem on one of our file on a Sparc station 5 /
>70mhz
>with solaris 2.5.1 with some generic patch...
>
>We were very unlocky coz one of our file got corrupt ... (cross linked )
>
>and it happend to be the /bin/login file...
>
>Can anyone out on the list can send me by email a solaris 2.5.1
>/bin/login software that is working so I can get back in my sparc :)
>
>this email may sound funny but it's the simple truth...
>
>Have a good day all...
>Nicolas
>nico at frantel.com

Eric Williams                                          Van Vleck Observatory
eric at astro.wesleyan.edu                   Wesleyan University
(860) 685-3664                                      Middletown, CT 06459
http://www.astro.wesleyan.edu
What the Microsoft slogan really means to say is:
"Where do you want to go today?
It doesn't matter...your coming with us." - as seen on the web.