[Sunhelp] DLT devices

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Fri Jul 23 13:59:32 CDT 1999

I'm curious about something.  I have a Sun L280 jukebox, and Solstice Backup
is using it as /dev/rmt/2mbn on Solaris 2.6.  Is this the best device to use?
The L280 has a DLT7000 drive, and I'm unsure as to the functional difference
between, say, /dev/rmt/2mbn and /dev/rmt/2cbn in this situation.  I found a
document on sunsolve which says those two devices both enable compression for
DLT, but I'm getting about 30Gb per tape, which is what I'd expect without
compression.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryan