[Sunhelp] Remote access for Sun servers

Ayson, Alison {INFO~Palo Alto} ALISON.AYSON at ROCHE.COM
Tue Jul 20 16:23:09 CDT 1999

I hope I can ask this question intelligently.  I'm much more "HP" literate.

We have several HP servers and SUN servers that I'd like to connect to a
Lantronix terminal server (in order to remotely access the consoles).  The
HP's are easy to connect since they just have a dumb terminal as their
console (therefore it's just a serial connection).  The SUN's all have a
graphical terminal as their console.  What steps should be taken to make the
SUN console a serial connection?  I remember that this was a big pain in the
you-know-what on HP workstations that had a graphical console.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Maybe there's some
documentation on this??

Thanks for any help.

Alison Ayson
Roche Bioscience