[Sunhelp] sharing cdrom via NFS

Eric Williams eric at urania.astro.wesleyan.edu
Tue Jul 20 16:14:21 CDT 1999

I had some problems like this on Solaris 2.5.1 and I ended having to
share the full path to the mounted cdrom (/cdrom/nameofmountedCD)
and then NFS mount the full path on the client. This wouldn't be a
great solution for CD mounts that change but that wasn't a problem
for my situation.

Hope this was some help.

>Hello,
>
>	I exported my /cdrom dir (which has a mounted cdrom) to a client
>machine.  I then nfs mounted /cdrom from the client.  I can see
>/cdrom/oracle8i, from the client, but it appears as an empty directory.
>Both machines are running solaris 7 and have no problem sharing other
>dirs via nfs.  What am I missing?
>
>Thanks,
>James

Eric Williams                                          Van Vleck Observatory
eric at astro.wesleyan.edu                   Wesleyan University
(860) 685-3664                                      Middletown, CT 06459
http://www.astro.wesleyan.edu
What the Microsoft slogan really means to say is:
"Where do you want to go today?
It doesn't matter...your coming with us." - as seen on the web.