[Sunhelp] Recommendation on a Frame Buffer and Monitor

Brian Pavane bpavane at liii.com
Sun Jul 18 12:21:27 CDT 1999

Hey,

I'm looking into purchasing a sparc for use as a desktop system at home.
I'll probably end up going with a SS5/110, 64mb ram configuration.  The
question I have is what Frame Buffer and Monitor should I be looking to
purchase for this box?  It seems most of the SS5/110 boxes out there come
with the TGX (501-2325), which is surely not a 24bit card.  Is it worth
shelling out the extra cash to get a TGX+ or something even better?  Also,
I'm looking to get a nice 20" monitor for this system, how does a 365-1324
or a 365-1335 rank?  What are other people out there using as a fb and
monitor on desktop sun's?

Thanks.

-Brian Pavane
 (host of the sunhelp.solarisx86.org mirror)