[Sunhelp] Re: ?: network adapter of Windows 95 on SunPCi

Matt Koehler - - SunPC engineering mjk at naught.East.Sun.COM
Mon Jul 12 08:12:34 CDT 1999

First, you need an IP address that will be used only for SunPCi.
Second, do an ifconfig -a at a Solaris prompt. You will notice
a netmask setting (typically ffffff00). This translates to a
netmask setting in the TCP/IP protocol window of 255.255.255.0
Next, find your router address by typing netstat -r. Note the
"default" route. Then get the IP address for the gateway system.
On my system...

  naught[4138] netstat -r

  Routing Table:
    Destination           Gateway           Flags  Ref   Use   Interface
  129.148.183.0        naught                U        3   3363  hme0
  224.0.0.0            naught                U        3      0  hme0
  default              net183-hsrp           UG       0   1003
  localhost            localhost             UH       0   1683  lo0
  naught[4139] ypmatch net183-hsrp hosts
  129.148.183.248 net183-hsrp

Finally, you will need to know the IP address of your DNS server.
You will need to ask you local system administrator for that address.

alexander.rublowsky at eng.sun.com, bob.duncan at eng.sun.com