[Sunhelp] (no subject)

Eric Williams eric at urania.astro.wesleyan.edu
Mon Jul 12 05:48:18 CDT 1999

Jonathon,

Have to run 2.5.1 because we have old machines that can't run 2.6 or 7 and
we don't want to have to maintain 3 different software libraries, one for
each OS. Everyone wants to be on the same page.

Your thinking on a bug fix may be right, but this has worked on this
machine in the past. Would turning off statd services effect something like
this. That is the only thing that I can see that has changed since this
quit working.

Thanks for your advice.

Eric

>First, Why are you running Solaris 2.5.1 on an Ultra 30?  Second, I used to
>run 2.5.1 on my sparcstation 5, and had a few problems like that with a
>tadpole external floppy (with a mechanical putton to eject.).  Then I
>upgraded to 2.6 and now 7, with both the problems don't seem to be there.
>Perhaps there is a bug fix if you need to use 2.5.1.
>
>-Jonathan

Eric Williams                                        Van Vleck Observatory
eric at astro.wesleyan.edu                              Wesleyan University
(860) 685-3664                                       Middletown, CT 06459
http://www.astro.wesleyan.edu