[Sunhelp] How to create a file system in solaris 2.6

Richard E Ravich rer40 at eng.amdahl.com
Wed Jul 7 13:28:20 CDT 1999

The command is newfs /dev/rdsk/cxtydzsa, where x,y,z and a represent the
device that you want to create a filesystem on.  For example, on my
auxillary disk, I use newfs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s6, and then answer the
question (to make sure that I really want to do it) with a y, and off it
goes.

Prior to doing the newfs command, you may want to run format and create
slices (partitions) on the device if it doesn't have any already made on
it.

Richard E. Ravich			Amdahl Corporation
Sunnyvale, California			(408) 746-3245
Amateur Radio Station WD6FIE		Email address: richardr at amdahl.com