[Sunhelp] Default router

Paul Khoury pkhoury at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 6 17:26:58 CDT 1999

How can one change the defaultrouter file in Solaris
and have the changes take effect immediately?

Also, I apoligize for not responding quicker (but I've
been quite busy lately), but thanks to all for the suggestions
on a text search engine.  It turns out that Glimpse was exactly
what I was looking for.  Now I just need to figure out how
to have multiple indexes for multiple lists (I'm using it now
on my intranet for searching through list archives such as
this one, often having 5K+ files...).

Additionally, I have been taking a look at Sun's upgrades
from older SPARCstations to the newer Ultra machines.
Is it worth it for the money?  Being a student, not haveing tons
of money to spend on computer hardware anymore, I was wondering
if the performance gain is really worth it.

Also, how could I get more than 256 colors on my SS2?  Would the
framebuffer have to be a TGX?  I know the machine is sort of slow
but it would be nice to have better graphics, even a faster response
time.

Last question (for now), I've noticed at my friend's college, their
SPARCs (either telnet or actually at the console), if you press up
on the arrow keys, or down, you get to choose your previous commands
much like DOSKEY, OS/2, or Windows NT.  Apparently they're running
Solaris 2.6 also.  I'm running 2.6 Server 5/98.  I'd really like to get
this working, because using "!!" in csh isn't enough.

Thanks all,

Paul Khoury
pkhoury at loop.com
--