[Sunhelp] New years goodies...

Jeff elslooj at goldeninter.net
Fri Dec 31 23:20:11 CST 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF53DD.342549C0

Hey, I just got 3 IPC's, and the mother of freebies, a 630MP!  My =
questions are...
What kind of ram does this beast (630MP) use (I think 30 pin like the =
IPC)?  Is it like the SS10 and 20's, where you have to get special cpu's =
to run 4?  What's the best module I can use in it?  Now on to the IPC... =
 How does one boot off a cdrom?  The prom is ancient, and the oldest =
I've used is on the SS2, which is a lot different.  I tired all the =
"boot sd(x,x,x)" cobo's relating to ID 6, but to no avail.  I got really =
close once, and it said to enter the filename because it appears to not =
be bootable, which isn't true..
I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but IPC's SUCK!  They are slow, =
and I may give one to a friend then see if any of you wants one, I'll =
probably keep one for myself just to tamper on.  The one I'd be getting =
rid of appears to be dead, no ram, but it has a CG3 and a 200 meg or so =
hard drive.. So bsically it's a CG3 with hard drive.  Although, I =
haven't swapped out the frame buffer to see if that's the problem, so I =
guess I'll try that tomorrow.
Oh yeah, what's the command to set the prom so it doesn't look for a =
keyboard, one of my machines is headless and won't boot without a =
keyboard.

Now, onto the party....  Have a good new year everyone!

Jeff

C:\ is the root of all problems...

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF53DD.342549C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey, I just got 3 IPC's, and the mother =
of=20
freebies, a 630MP!  My questions are...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What kind of ram does this beast =
(630MP) use=20
(I think 30 pin like the IPC)?  Is it like the SS10 and 20's, where =
you=20
have to get special cpu's to run 4?  What's the best module I can =
use in=20
it?  Now on to the IPC...  How does one boot off a =
cdrom?  The=20
prom is ancient, and the oldest I've used is on the SS2, which is a =
lot=20
different.  I tired all the "boot sd(x,x,x)" cobo's relating to ID =
6, but=20
to no avail.  I got really close once, and it said to enter the =
filename=20
because it appears to not be bootable, which isn't true..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, =
but IPC's=20
SUCK!  They are slow, and I may give one to a friend then see if =
any of you=20
wants one, I'll probably keep one for myself just to tamper on.  =
The one=20
I'd be getting rid of appears to be dead, no ram, but it has a CG3 and a =
200 meg=20
or so hard drive.. So bsically it's a CG3 with hard drive.  =
Although, I=20
haven't swapped out the frame buffer to see if that's the problem, so I =
guess=20
I'll try that tomorrow.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Oh yeah, what's the command to set the =
prom so it=20
doesn't look for a keyboard, one of my machines is headless and won't =
boot=20
without a keyboard.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now, onto the party....  Have a =
good new year=20
everyone!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jeff</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>C:\ is the root of all=20
problems...</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF53DD.342549C0--