[Sunhelp] Comparisons

Jeff elslooj at goldeninter.net
Thu Dec 16 18:42:20 CST 1999

Hey,
I work at an ISP, and my boss is a Wintel kinda guy.  What kind of
comparisons can you give me when it comes to server thoroughput?  I saw
on the newsgroups that some guy was saying that his Sparc 5 170 smoked a
pentium pro 200 in thoroughput, and I believe that it was something like
2gb / hr and the pro only could do somethiing like 700mb / hr.  If you
can tell me what a comprable Sun would be to a dual pentium 2 450 I'd
really appreciate it.  I want to prove once and for all to him that Sun
is superior.  If you can include sources so I have evidence too it'd be
nice.
And if you want to get really into it, get me some proof of Sun's
dominance in the server market, percent of market share wise.  I keep
telling him, but he never listens, today was the final straw..  I need
some proof so I can school his Sun bigot ass.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff