[Sunhelp] Ultra 80 crashes

Rainer Kleinrensing Rainer.Kleinrensing at mis.mpg.de
Mon Dec 6 08:55:27 CST 1999

Hello there,

since last week we have three Quasar machines, 4x450 MHZ and 1GB memory
each,
additionally we got 3 GB Kingston modules for each machine to bring them
to 4GB.

The problem: when running SUNvts (pmemtest and all the processor tests
with
4 instances) all three machines keep crashing after some hours testing:
CPU1 Multiple Privileged UE Errors: AFSR 0x00000001.80300000 AFAR
0x00000000.ff874f48 UDBL MemMod U1402 U0402 U1401 U0401

The memory slots mentioned above are THE SAME on all three machines with
every crash.
Could this be
a problem with the 'memory riser board' not being seated correctly ?
With our machines
we got a strange little metal bracket that supposedly seems to be a
torque wrench
emulation ... we think we did NOT get units with the 'torque limiting
thumb screws'
on the memory riser as mentioned in the documentation.
Any comments on this ?

Thanks a lot,
   R. Kleinrensing
   Rainer Kleinrensing                  e-mail: rainer at mis.mpg.de
   Head of Computer Group
   Max-Planck-Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences
   Inselstr. 22-26
   04103 Leipzig

   phone: 0341 9959-608, fax 0341 9959-609, switchboard 0341 9959-50