[Sunhelp] X widgets, ghostview compiles, Xaw3d compiles.. ught.

Gilles Melanson gilles at vianet.on.ca
Fri Aug 27 09:59:50 CDT 1999

Running into a few brick walls, so I may as well ask for help at this
point in time.

Box:  Solaris 2.6 SPARC
Compiler: gcc 2.8.1

Problem: I can't compile Xaw3d.  Actually, I can't compile Ghostview (or
run it), but mainly because I can't compile Xaw3d.

I've hacked apart the Makefile quite a bit, and I'm ending up with
something that can't find a particular header now.

Anyone with experience in playing with this?  I need this particular lib:

# ghostview
ld.so.1: ghostview: fatal: libXaw.so.6.1: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

.. if I could compile it, great.  If not, well..

Right now, my Xaw3d compile is dying right here..:

gcc -c -O     -I/usr/openwin/include  -Dsparc -DSVR4 -DSYSV
-DHAS_WCTYPE_H -DHAS_ISW_FUNCS     Tree.c
rm -f Vendor.o
gcc -c -O     -I/usr/openwin/include  -Dsparc -DSVR4 -DSYSV
-DHAS_WCTYPE_H -DHAS_ISW_FUNCS     Vendor.c
Vendor.c:68: X11/Xmu/ExtAgent.h: No such file or directory

I believe I need R6.1 of Xaw3d (whichever version).. but in all honesty,
this is really my first crack at compiling any X11 based code on a Solaris
2.x box.. so I really don't know what Openwin/CDE conforms to, if
anything.

.. sigh.

CCOPTIONS = -Xc -xF .. -Kpic .. those are all that are fairly unfamiliar
to me.

--
Gilles Melanson				UNIX System Administrator
gilles at vianet.on.ca			Laurentian University