[SPARCbook] Fw: Re: ultrabook lli wifi on solaris 10 help and memory

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 6 17:37:40 CST 2010

I need to correct some of my original statement below - as it is not exactly true.

There used to be 3 separate companies - RDI - Cycle - Tadpole.  Each of them had their own product line.  I forget exactly which one was bought first - I think it was Tadpole bought Cycle - then they bought RDI - maybe it RDI first - I dont recall exactly.  Anyway, Tadpole was the ultimate survivor name (then they were acquired by another company later on - but that's a whole different story in itself).

Tadpole sorta picked up and melded all the products together.  The sparcbook series was Tadpole's.  The Ultrabook was RDI originally I think.  Then came the sparcle series, viper, bullfrog etc.

All the "later" models - sparcle, viper, sun ultra3, bullfrog etc have to use external usb keyboards for base os installs - upgrades etc.

The ultrabook series (I, IIi, IIe etc) don't have to use external usb keyboards.

regards
steve