[SPARCbook] ultrabook lli wifi on solaris 10 help and memory

haj haj2.cheesman at virgin.net
Sat Feb 6 00:57:16 CST 2010

Hi everybody iam new here,bit fed up with microsoft so iam tring to get
accustomed to solaris and ultrabooks.
i have a ultrabook lli i have installed solaris 10 11/06 it runs great,but iam
trying to get it on wireless, did install the latest patches with the wifi
config utils,from tadpoles ftp site and using cisco aironet 340 and 350.pcmcia
card
I can get the card to activate  and can see the radio on my router and ssid
but cant set the wep key as it says i/o error in the config utils, so now i
have wiped down the drive and reinstalled solaris 10 11/06 without the
update,so at present it runs ethernet wired to my router and internet  is
great, it just the wireless now.
also does anybody have any memory modules, apparently it takes 2x512mb units,i
cant find any as i have never seen these type before,there mounted on massive
boards,not like simm units,any ideas would be very greeatly appreatiated
,john