[SPARCbook] SparcBook S1

Pell Emanuelsson p_emanuelsson at gmx.net
Sun Aug 22 17:47:26 CDT 2010

Dwight,

I do have an S1, complete with SCSI adapter and original carrying case.
I've got the model with one disk and a floppy drive - bought it new back in '92.
Additionally I've got the complete schematics - unfortunately no PROM contents.

Can't find the adapter right now.  In fact I can't find anything
since my girlfriend cleaned up my workroom.  But it's definitely
a Trantor and T348 sounds right.
Problem is, you need the special Sparcbook adapter cable.  If you buy
an APA348 it will probably have a standard parallel port connector.

I'd be surprised if your CMOS clock is still keeping the contents.
Nice to hear someone is caring for an S1 though!

Regards,
Pell