[SPARCbook] Sparcbook experiences from new list member

guikueppers at t-online.de guikueppers at t-online.de
Wed Jan 28 12:16:08 CST 2009

Hi Michael,

>Bottom line is the laptop thinks there's no real battery power
> and no AC power either ( it's right about the latter though, my
>makeshift replacement power supply can charge the battery but
> it can't power the laptop  ), assumes shutdown is >imminent,
> but the battery is doing just fine.

Your ultrabook does have that strange 5-pin Lemo power connector,
doesn't it? In that case pin 1 (AC-failure, the lowermost) should be
connected to pins 4-5 (GND, to the left). If you leave pin 1 floating,
maybe the ultrabook doesn't recognize the power supply. Have you
found the manual on the Tadpole/RDI site, it has a picture with pin
 assignments.
With the power supply attached and recognized, and the ultrabook
switched off, you might try to remove and reinsert the battery. This
sometimes helps to get the battery status detected.

Regards
Guido