[SPARCbook] RDI Ultrabook

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 12:01:32 CST 2007

Hi Richard -
you might want to configure your email client to have
the correct header so that you might get more
away as spam as it shows no name etc.  I only found it
as I occassionally check the spam filter box before
deleting things!

Ultrabook parts (I'm assuming a model
U17/20-something) are next to impossible to find.  If
its not a U17 or U20 - then different rules apply &
let me know what model it is ....  Trying to get
GD/Itronics to sell you old parts is not very easy-
plus if they do - it will be at list price - which is,
at least, exorberant.

Your only true recourse is ebay - an even then few and
far in between.

Now that being said, there are things you can do.
First - docking station - as far as I know - they dont
exist - period.  Only one I've ever seen in over a
decade was for a RDI Turbo 170.

Second - power supply - forget about finding a "real"
one - unless you get one off ebay.  Best bet is to
find an equivalent volt/amp unit & put the lemo plug
on it.

If I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) - you're
looking for a 19vdc 7.5amp power supply.  If so - then
those are fairly easy to find - for example - just
google "150w adapter 19vdc" and look for the
appropriate amperage.  I found this one that looks
good -

"http://www.shentech.com/dead19v715ac.html"
$39.88 plus shipping

Of course you'll have to cut the plug off & mate it to
a lemo FGG.0B.305.CLAD52.  Last ones I bought were
from lemo usa direct.

Rudy Thorne (rthorne at lemousa.com) a few years ago.

I hope that you have the drive trays & connectors -
those are also next to non-existant - unless you find
some on ebay.  I don't have any left - sold them all
to a var a couple of years ago.

Even older sparcbook 3 xxxx  stuff is non-existent
except for the rare ebay appearance.

I hope that this helps.

regards
steve