[SPARCbook] Loose power connection

Sean Davis erplefoo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:34:54 CDT 2005

Hi, I've got an SB3GX with a deader-than-dead battery (ie, it's
totally dead - the longest I've seen it hold a charge is roughly a
minute), so I have to use the external DC connector. This is not the
problem. However, something about that connector seems to be loose - I
have to wiggle the plug in the jack a bit to get it to conduct so that
I can power the unit on.

I've cleaned the connector and the power adapter's jack as much as
possible with q-tips and rubbing alcohol, and that seemed to make a
small difference, but I really can't get in there to clean it much
more. It seems to me it's just not fitting tightly enough... any
suggestions? (besides cutting off the jack and soldering it to the
machine, hopefully ;)

--
Sean