[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3000XT

Ian Spray ian_spray at tadpole.com
Tue Mar 16 09:41:40 CST 2004

On 16 Mar 2004, at 13:30, Helena Svderholm wrote:

> I have two questions regarding the Sparcbook 3000XT:
>
> 1) Does the 3000XT take larger than 8G disks, like modern 20G drives?

OpenBoot 2 (any sub-release) has issues that stop it from booting unless
the kernel is within the first 2GB of the drive - there is no OpenBoot 3
release for that system.  The version of Solaris on the S3000's won't
work above 8GB.

HTH,
--
Ian Spray             | Software Engineer     | Tadpole Computer Ltd.
ian_spray at tadpole.com | http://hw.tadpole.com | +44 (0) 870 432 4161