[SPARCbook] Power problems

Liam Liam1f at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 16:36:53 CDT 2004

I seem to have suddenly lost the ability to get to these pages after clearing
my cache. Now that ISN'T good as my intention is to transfer from Win2000 to
XP...and a plan is afoot on that. I'm pausing that for a while, now.
   I also don't seem to be replying the way other people do. I get new
messages instead of continuations. Something I don't understand is going on!!
   Back to the point. Gary, thanks very much for yet another reply. I will
whip the SB apart again to check those cables. My missus is now a dab-hand at
holding the display while I reconnect the plugs for it...(up a bit.....bit
more....left  a bit.... down a b---HOLD IT THERE!) If I knew where to get the
connectors, I'd make an extension lead.
   I have a vague recollection about diag-device or diag_device myself. I have
a few Sparc involved systems, (far more than my knowledge extends to, as it
happens) including an RDI Powerlite. I can't remember the exact details, but I
do recall something similar happening, and a setenv command sorting it out.
After the SB can keep running with a disk in, this may be part of the next
step. Apart from my own interest, I'd hate to think that what is really a very
historically valuable machine could be sidelined because it's broken. Maybe
I'm wrong, and just following my own interest \ fascination. I suspect not,
though.
   I'm very pleased to have heard from you, and have, I think, now got another
bookmark for these pages.
   I'll let you know how I get on.
                                                      Cheers, Liam