[SPARCbook] Power problems

Gary Borgen gary.borgen at verizon.net
Tue Apr 27 23:17:57 CDT 2004

There are two flex cables connecting the main board to the LCD status
board.  Try and re-seat the cables on both sides ends.  While you are at
it, check the cable edges for corrosion.  If they need cleaning, carefully
use a pencil eraser followed by a quick wipe with alcohol to remove the
eraser shavings.  This is good thing to check regardless if it solves the
problem or not.

I had a problem with NVRAM on my RDI Powerlite, where it seemed to take
forever to boot.  It's been a while since it happened, but I seem to
remember a problem with the diagnostic mode setting being set wrong.