[SPARCbook] Which BSD, and will anyone ever do the pcmcia bridge?

Michael Lorenz ml at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Mar 5 03:21:51 CST 2003

On 05 Mar 2003 00:35:32 -0800, Koyote <koyote at koyote.cx> wrote:
Hello,

>> Stick with Solaris. If you have 64MB or more it will run happily. It
>> does
>> what you want and it does it *now*. You will get almost any software you
>> may wish, sometimes with a little hassle but Solaris 2.6 is still pretty
>> up to date in most points. And it supports all your hardware ( not too
>> sure about wavelan, the driver may ba picky which cards it likes )
>>

> Well, that's the whole enchilada there. I'd deal with text console only
> if I had to to get wavelan on this. But it doesn't-as far as I can
> tell-exists for 2.6
There is a driver for some PCMCIA wavelan cards for Solaris 2.6 - more or
less unofficial from Tadpole, no idea which cards are suported ( I think
some Lucent 2MBit cards should work ). I bugged the Tadpole people several
times but couldn't get any useful info out of them. Check the mailing list
archive, the wavelan topic comes up pretty often.

> (Also, I have WP 6 for 2.6, which is my favorite wsywiglike word
> processing app)
well - try to dig up the pcwl*  driver for Solaris 2.6 ( ... or so it was
called, I'm currently at work so I can't check it, I think I have it
somewhere on my 3GX at home, never tried it - no need for wavelan )

have fun
Michael