[SPARCbook] ram upgrade on a 3gx

Rodolfo segleaur at mechanus.org
Sat Jul 26 16:25:51 CDT 2003

Mark G. Thomas said something about Re: [SPARCbook] ram upgrade on a 3gx on
 Sat, 26 Jul 2003 :

 | It is possible to put two very special 64MB SIMMs in a 3GX, to take it to
 | 128MB.  These SIMMs however are not standard, and are hard to find.  I was
 | lucky enough to find a SPARCBook3GX which already had this Tadpole upgrade.
 |
 | Mark

that's what i thought. both the 3xp and the 3gx should be able to support 128MB
total, but the 64MB SIMMS that Tadpole used had a special chip configuration to
make it look like 4 32MB SIMMS (IIRC - I haven't delved into this for a while),
since the processor itself doesn't support more than 32MB individual SIMMs.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
Bachelors know more about women than married men do. If they didn't, they'd be
married too. - Henry Louis Mencken