[SPARCbook] S3GX battery/charging problem, HDD upgrade

Chris Hooper cdh at 3pardata.com
Fri Aug 22 15:42:55 CDT 2003

There is currently one of these adaptors being sold on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3042441981&category=11175

This particular one can handle drives up to just under 8 GB,
but from what I have read, 6 GB is popularly recommended.
The only reason I can identify this board is that I just
had my SPARCbook 3GX's drive open a few days ago.

There are usually two metal mounting rails that separate the
drive from the controller board.  This auction doesn't seem
to show those rails, so you may need to make your own
separator.  Rubber feet would probably work fine.

-Chris Hooper