[SPARCbook] Will this destroy my drive ???

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur at mechanus.org
Sun May 12 14:41:54 CDT 2002

I won't worry about data loss too much considering the type of hardware we are
talking about. Even with the magnetic fields of a TV. I have a 36inch TV hooked
up to a clone AMD box which is maybe, at most, a foot away. That TV has a huge
magnetic field, and it has yet to damage the IDE drive in the AMD box. My
Sparcbook is right next to an Alphaserver, and it boots up fine without a
problem.
As Hugo said, I'd worry more about dropping the sparcbook than anything else.

Cheers,

Rodolfo