[SPARCbook] Sparcbook temperature issues

Bob Hoekstra Bob.Hoekstra at HoekstraSystems.ltd.uk
Tue Jan 22 16:13:03 CST 2002

Fascinating! I use a Just Cooler PCMCIA fan, which definitely makes my
GX3 less hot: I've had to work a few times with it on my lap, and there
is definitely a difference in the temperature of the bottom plate,
though I've never tried to measure it.

I bought mine from 3dcool.com, but they don't seem to list it anymore.
You can find a luke warm review here: http://www.dansdata.com/jfans2.htm

Paul Halliday wrote:

> Hi.
>
> 	I just finished a little project on just how hot the sparcbook
> gets. You can find the results by following the link below. If any of you
> have feedback please drop me a line.
>
> http://dp.penix.org/projects/tadpole/temp.html
>
> Paul H.
> "Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Bob Hoekstra:   APL & Unix Consultant
Tele:           +44 (0)1483 771028
                 http://www.HoekstraSystems.com
Home email:     Bob.Hoekstra at HoekstraSystems.ltd.uk