[SPARCbook] What software improvments?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Apr 17 05:46:22 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 11:46:36AM -0400, Thomas Roehr wrote:

> When you say better console support, do you mean better then the CG3 hack that
> is currently used, i.e. take advantage of the p9100 acceleration chip?

I don't know.  What I do know, however, is that Linux on my Sparcbook uses
the PROM-style console, not the framebuffer console that it does on any
other Sun-a-like, and that this is unbearably slow.

Maybe there's a driver in later versions, I'm still using 2.2.18.

--
David Cantrell    |    Degenerate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  emacs: for a brave GNU Word
             -- cdevers, in #london.pm