SunOS 4.1.4 or Solaris 2.5.1 (was Re: [SPARCbook] Anybody still use this list?)

Michael Lorenz ml at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Apr 15 07:52:45 CDT 2002

Hi there,

> Any suggestions? (Especially in procedures to get the patches installed)
Well, try to get Solaris 2.6 HW 5/98 - it comes with full SPARCbook support.

> It's running NetBSD 1.5 right now. I'd like to actually use the PCMCIA
>slots... has a way been found to get those ORiNOCO wireless cards to work?
There is a PCMCIA wlan driver but I didn't find any useful information about it, not even which cards it may support, not to talk of configuration...
Someone told me that this driver would only do 2MBit - couldn't verify due to lack of hardware, I tried a 11MBit card which the driver didn't recognize and without documentation I couldn't figure out
anything useful :-(

have fun
Michael