SunOS 4.1.4 or Solaris 2.5.1 (was Re: [SPARCbook] Anybody still use this list?)

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Mon Apr 15 07:39:48 CDT 2002

Good morning,

 My 3GX has been sitting at the wayside for several months as I've been
unable to get either of the above two OSes up and running on it.

 I've got all the patches downloaded from Tadpole's site, so if there's
anything outside of that I need I do not have it (aside from the regular
Sun-issue install media for the above two OSes).

 When I tried installing SunOS 4.1.4 I think I got through the install,
then it failed to boot (with lots of errors finally giving up--- due to
lack of hardware support).

 With Solaris 2.5.1 it installs and boots, but either doesn't boot all the
way (into single user) or whatnot, and I either can't get ethernet working
or CD-ROM drive recognized to actually get the Tadpole patches on the
system to install them.

 Any suggestions? (Especially in procedures to get the patches installed)

 It's running NetBSD 1.5 right now. I'd like to actually use the PCMCIA
slots... has a way been found to get those ORiNOCO wireless cards to work?

 Thanks,

-Matthew