[SPARCbook] sparcbook jumpstart!

David Röhr sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 12 01:59:57 CST 2001

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001,
    Jonathan Kalbfeld wrote:

> Okay, I did it!
>
> It's sloppy but it works.
>
> If anyone wants a copy of a rules file, host profile, and finish script
> for net installing Solaris 2.6 with tadpole packages and patches on a
> sparcbook 3gx with openboot prom, let me know.
>
> I can do a boot net - install and walk away and come back with the dtlogin
> box onscreen about an hour later.  Not bad for about six hours of work!
> ;-)

Hehe, i jumpstarted my sparcbook, and installed 2.6. Then added the
tadpole packages and patches by hand after the install.

Worked perfectly, didn't have any finnish script for Solaris 2.6 and the
tadpole packages and i didn't want to wait 6h (;

But yep, upload them somewhere?

/d

--
"The network is the computer. No, wait! The network is the network
and the computer is the computer. Sorry for the confusion."