[SPARCbook] Re: 3000XT PCMCIA cdrom problem

Martin Marshall sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 10 17:25:37 CST 2001

Ken and Jason:

I just booted my 3GX from the Panasonic KXL-D740 CDROM.  As Ken said,
set it to SCSI ID 6 and turn on the termination (this is done with the
dip switch on the bottom of the drive).  Connect it to the SPARCbook
SCSI connector.  You will need a SCSI2 to SCSI2 cable.  The CDROM seems
to use a 512 byte block, since there is no switch to select the block
size.

I also had never tried to boot from the KXL-D740.

Cool - it works.

Martin