[SPARCbook] Help on Sparcbook 1.

Prem Uppuluri sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 15:20:01 CDT 2001

Hi,

I have a Tadpole Sparcbook 1 that I haven't touched for a while. I
tried booting it and am encountering the following problem:

1) It says boot file /vmunix not found.
2) When I check for bad blocks and run for diagnostics, everything is
reported
   to be fine.

What is the name of the boot file, is it vmunix ? I am very suspicious
because
Sparc's usually have a boot file in /platform/***  ?

Also, I don't have the Tadpole Solaris 2 CD which came with the system,
I believe, the SUN Solaris CD's themselves will not work ?  So, I tried
booting
up the system with a netbsd boot floppy, and it failed.

I will appreciate it if anyone suggests pointers so I can get the system
started ?

Thanks in advance,
Prem