[SPARCbook] How important is the NCE?

Christopher J. Heric sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 19:47:29 CDT 2001

OK...

I am about 5 seconds away from formatting the 1.2 gig internal drive in my
newly-acquired sparcbook 3gx. (Under solaris 2.6)

I DO NOT HAVE the original Tadpole CD that was to have come with my
Sparcbook, and I am wondering if it is a grave error for me to put a fresh
system that does not have NCE. I never intend to run this machine from a
battery etc. and I am not much worried about the power-saving capabilities
of NCE.

Questions:

1: Is there somewhere I can GET the Tadpole software... I was unable to
find anything so old on their website. Even if I decide to run 2.6 Solaris
without NCE... I'd like tohave a CD.

2. Am I a fool to do this? (ie: is it foolish to put strraight Solaris 2.6
on a Sparcbook with out the benefit of NCE pkg's?

thanks...

Chris