[SPARCbook] More NVRam Questions:

petro sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 00:27:22 CDT 2001

Does anyone know the answers to the following questions:

	(1) Is the NVRAM chip in the sparcbook 3GS replaceable.
	(2) What chip is is?
	(3) Where can I get one?

I'm still trying to track down and fix a problem on my wifes
sparcbook. I think it's the NVRAM not holding it's video settings
(I've asked about this before to no avail.) The odd thing is that the
machine sat for a month or two with the battery removed (this was
after the problem developed, when I thought the NVRAM battery was
toasted already) and unplugged, and it kept the time.

	Maybe there's another problem there.
http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
It is one of the essential features of such incompetence that the person so
afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent. To have such
knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the offense.