[SPARCbook] Merlin/Rocochet on SparcBook?

Michael Wolfson sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 31 12:34:18 CST 2001

Hi, thanks for the info.

That's good to know, but I was also wondering whether I needed Solaris 2.6
drivers for the pcmcia version.  Using the serial version doesn't gain me
anything over a 56k modem, due to the 38400 bps limitation on the serial
ports.  I'm trying to get a home network set up, and supposedly the pcmcia
modems can sustain about 20 KBytes/sec.

And before anyone else asks: No, I cannot get cablemodem, dsl, sprint
wireless, or any sort of sattelite internet (my landlady doesn't want
dishes on the property).

  -- MW