[SPARCbook] Re: Sparcbook digest, Vol 1 #390 - 2 msgs

Michael Wolfson sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 27 17:03:06 CST 2001

At 12:05 PM -0600 1/27/01, "Rodolfo Segleau" <segleaur at wwc.com> wrote:

:)I know it is a little off topic but it might give you hope. I have used my
:)external Ricochet modem on a Pocket PC as a Hayes Compatible Modem
:perfectly.

Cool!

:)I would have to build the 8pin DIM cable to serial to try it out on my XP
:but
:)I understand that it will work, though top speeds will be at 80K if using a
:)serial cable.

Yeah, that's why I was thinking I wanted to get the pcmcia card.  Actually,
the serial version would be much slower than that, because the top speed of
sun4m serial ports is 38400 kbps.

Of course, the big question is whether I'd need any pcmcia drivers for
Solaris 2.6, or whether it would show up identically to any other pcmcia
"modem".

  -- MW